Music is an integral part of everyone’s lives- we use it for therapy, to express feelings, relieve stress and anxiety, and just for pure enjoyment! Studies have shown that playing an instrument, especially the piano, is extremely beneficial in multiple aspects- it increases brain development, eye-hand coordination, develops fine motor skills, and teaches important life virtues like dedication and patience.
Kids love music, but most kids hate music lessons! Why is that?
Piano lessons are often viewed as “homework” and just another task to be “checked off” the list. This is because sadly, many piano lesson programs are focused on just facts, with little to no room for exploring music creatively with appreciation and enjoyment.
When a teacher taps into a students inner creative and curious mind, it is amazing what wonderful things are produced! I aim to create a fun, relaxing, encouraging atmosphere in my studio so students feel free to express themselves through music creatively.
- Learn sight reading and how to keep a steady rhythm from day one so they are prepared for all kinds of music.
- Learn and review music theory concepts through games and activities.
- Benefit from developing life skills shown by science through music instruction.
- Learn all their songs in the lesson, so they go home confident in knowing what to do, instead of feeling lost and confused.
- Have the opportunity to compose & create their own music
- Explore different genres of music; including pop,jazz & gospel to name a few
….all while having fun!
Lessons are available for children ages 6 and up.
Sign up for your free trial lesson today through the “Contact” page or call (717) 344-9336.
To see some of the fun creativity and accomplishments being produced at the studio, check out my Facebook page:
” Miss Bethany knows how to relate to my granddaughter in a way that keeps her excited about learning! She looks forward to coming to her lessons each week.”
“Miss Bethany is very patient and gentle with her teaching which in turn makes my girls very eager to learn. They cannot wait to go to piano lessons each week.”
“I am really pleased with our 6 year old sons motor skill improvement since starting piano lessons. He is a high energy and easily distracted kid and playing piano has given him something he can focus on an enjoy.”